Become Certified as a Lean Six Sigma Green Belt
Develop your quality management and project leadership talents with the University of Georgia’s live-online course, Lean Six Sigma Green Belt for Healthcare Organizations. As a certified Lean Six Sigma Green Belt, you'll be able to use proven techniques for solving quality problems and improving processes in healthcare organizations. This course explores Lean Six Sigma methodologies via healthcare-specific, authentic learning exercises and discussion topics.
Hours: 40 hours / 4 CEUs
When: Spring 2020
Grow Your Healthcare Career With This Valuable Credential
A Lean Six Sigma Green Belt is skilled in leading small-scale Six Sigma improvement projects. Lean Six Sigma combines several methodologies that together, provide healthcare organizations a powerful means to reduce waste, improve customer service, and reduce costs. These methodologies include:
- Six Sigma is an enterprise-wide, project-driven quality improvement approach that emphasizes a systematic approach to problem solving and making decisions based on data. Six Sigma results in increased customer satisfaction, improved quality and reduced costs.
- DMAIC is a five-step methodology used for projects aimed at improving an existing business process.
- Lean is a method that concentrates on reducing waste by improving work flow and eliminating mistakes.
What You Will Learn:
Your instructor will explain Lean Six Sigma methodologies and show you how they can be applied in a healthcare environment. You will learn how to create efficiencies in scheduling, office management, supply ordering, recordkeeping and most importantly, customer satisfaction.
The features of this customized course include:
- Audio presentations with corresponding visuals
- Asynchronous online discussion boards
- Weekly, instructor-led, live Web sessions
- Lessons on the Six Sigma philosophy, DMAIC methodology, graphical analysis tools, statistical calculations, and lean principles
- Healthcare-specific, authentic learning exercises and discussion topics
Who Should Attend?
This program is designed for key team members responsible for process improvement in their healthcare organizations.
This course is also available as a classroom contract training for your organization. You choose the dates and location. For more information, please contact Professional and Personal Development at email@example.com.
Spring 2020 dates coming soon.
Online (8 weeks). Beginning the second week of class, once-a-week live online sessions with the instructor will be on Monday evenings 6:30 - 7:30 p.m. These sessions will be archived for later viewing if the student is unable to participate in these live meetings.
Online, cohort-based, with asynchronous activities and live web sessions
Upon successful completion of the course, the student will be certified as a Lean Six Sigma Green Belt and will receive a University of Georgia Certificate of Completion that awards 4 Continuing Education Units (CEUs).
Visit the University of Georgia CEU policies for more details.