Prepare for tax season!
The Tax Cut and Jobs Act means many changes will be impacting your clients this tax season. The IRS will be issuing updates throughout 2019 to help implement the new law. With so many changes coming, clients need your professional guidance more than ever.
Veteran CPA and instructor Jeff Snyder is back to teach the University of Georgia's Federal Tax Update 2019, the annual tax seminar for tax professionals coming to four Georgia cities starting December 2. This eight-hour session is packed with information you need to be fully updated on the most important issues from the new tax law affecting your individual, partnership, and corporate clients this coming season. Legislative and regulatory developments and major trends and changes in case law will also be discussed. We’ll provide full coverage of all tax implications, with emphasis on tax planning.
Federal Tax Update 2019 is an IRS-approved Continuing Education program. Registration will open July 1 for all of the one-day sessions, which are scheduled in Augusta, Athens, Lawrenceville, and Marietta/Kennesaw.
- Estate and gift tax exemption for a married couple doubled to $22.8 million
- Ability to offset income and loss limitation rules
- Business interest limitation 30%
- Expanded number of taxpayers able to use cash method of accounting
- Bonus depreciation rules and expansion of Sec 179
- Coverage of Sec 199A and alteration of pass-through taxation and planning
- Relevant state domicile issues which are becoming a new source of profit for practitioners
- Review of pertinent cases and rulings affecting individual taxpayers
- Practice aids, including all numbers applicable for the current tax year - inflation-adjusted amounts, mileage rates, retirement contributions, and more.
- The latest issues related to late breaking tax law changes
All session times 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Kroc Community Center, 1833 Broad Street, Augusta, GA 30904
Monday, December 2, 2019
UGA Center for Continuing Education & Hotel, 1197 South Lumpkin Street, Athens GA 30602
Special Hotel Rates for Athens attendees! Please call 706-542-3537 for details.
Tuesday, December 3, 2019
UGA Gwinnett Campus, 2530 Sever Road, Lawrenceville, GA 30043
Wednesday, December 4, 2019
KSU Center, Kennesaw State University, 3333 Busbee Drive, Kennesaw, GA 30144-5591
Thursday, December 5, 2019
Who Should Attend?
CPAs, Enrolled Agents, Registered Tax Return Preparers, CFPs, Tax Attorneys, and other tax professionals who need to know the latest tax law changes in all areas of practice.
$275 Early Bird (until 10/15/2019)
$325 Regular Fee (from 10/16/2019)
Ask about large group (10 or more employees) discounts. Contact Venus Stone for more details.
8 hours CPE (Continuing Professional Education)
8 hours CE (Continuing Education for Enrolled Agents – IRS Approved)
8 hours CFP credit
6.5 CLE (Continuing Legal Education) For Attorneys Only
.65 CEU (Continuing Education Unit)