Prepare for tax season!
The Tax Cut and Jobs Act means many changes will be impacting your clients this tax season. The IRS will be issuing updates throughout 2018 to help implement the new law. With so many changes coming, clients need your professional guidance more than ever.
Veteran CPA and instructor Jeff Snyder is back by popular demand to teach the University of Georgia's Federal Tax Update 2018, the annual tax seminar for tax professionals coming to four Georgia cities starting December 17. This eight-hour session is packed with information you need to be fully updated on the most important issues from the new tax law affecting your individual, partnership and corporate clients this coming season. Legislative and regulatory developments and major trends and changes in case law will also be discussed. We’ll provide full coverage of all tax implications, with emphasis on tax planning.
Federal Tax Update 2018 is an IRS-approved Continuing Education program. Register now for any of the one-day sessions, which are scheduled in Augusta, Athens, Lawrenceville, and Marietta.
- Full coverage of tax reform implications
- Taxation of pass-through entities
- Deduction of home mortgage interest
- New alimony rules
- New depreciation rules and Sec 179 expensing
- Modification of NOL Rules
- Review of pertinent cases and rulings regarding exclusions, character issues, retirement plans, travel, and other items affecting individual taxpayers
- Recent developments with business entities, including C corporations, S corporations, partnerships, and limited liability companies
- Practice aids, including all numbers applicable for the current tax year – inflation-adjusted amounts, mileage rates, retirement contributions, and more
- The latest issues related to passive activities, substantiation and any other late breaking tax law changes
All session times 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Kroc Community Center, 1833 Broad Street, Augusta, GA 30904
Monday, December 17, 2018
UGA Center for Continuing Education & Hotel, 1197 South Lumpkin Street, Athens GA 30602
Tuesday, December 18, 2018
UGA Gwinnett Campus, 2530 Sever Road, Lawrenceville, GA 30043
Wednesday, December 19, 2018
Mansour Center, 995 Roswell Street NE, Marietta, GA 30060
Thursday, December 20, 2018
Who Should Attend?
CPAs, Enrolled Agents, Registered Tax Return Preparers, CFPs, Tax Attorneys, and other tax professionals who need to know the latest tax law changes in all areas of practice.
$275 Early Bird (until 10/31/2018)
$325 Regular Fee (from 11/1/2018)
Ask about large group (10 or more) discounts. Contact Venus Stone for more details.
8 hours CPE (Continuing Professional Education)
8 hours CE (Continuing Education for Enrolled Agents – IRS Approved)
8 hours CFP credit
6.5 CLE (Continuing Legal Education) For Attorneys Only
.65 CEU (Continuing Education Unit)