In Management Ethics and Values-Based Decision Making, a module in the Healthcare Management Certificate series, you will explore the basic principles of ethics and the application of ethics in the health care management environment.
You will explore how your personal ethics and values, and those of your organization and employees, affect your decision-making as a manager or supervisor. Specific examples will be given to explain the application of ethical principles in the health care management setting, and selected laws based in ethical concerns specifically related to health care will be analyzed and the responsibilities of the manager addressed. Differentiation between ethical and legal concerns will also be clarified, and opportunities given to recognize and define ethical dilemmas and conflicts in management. Finally, you will utilize ethical decision-making processes and frameworks to analyze and resolve ethical issues in management.
Each course is supported by an experienced, highly qualified coach mentor who will check on your progress every 72 hours and provide supportive feedback on your lessons by email.
Who Should Attend?
- Physicians, nurses, physicians’ assistants, therapists, laboratory technicians, social workers, and other healthcare professionals who have recently been promoted or accepted a position as a manager or supervisor.
- Current managers or supervisors in healthcare settings, such as hospitals, physicians’ offices, rehabilitation centers, etc.
- Healthcare systems looking to provide cost-effective training opportunities to supplement an internal training agenda or professional development plan
- Managers and supervisors in other fields seeking to enter the Healthcare profession.
- Individual Module Duration: Students have 30 days to complete this module upon release of the module’s access information (URL, username and password).
- Six Modules/Full Certificate Program Duration: Certificate Program students have up to nine months to complete any six modules.
$389 – Individual module
$1999 – Any six modules/Full certificate program
- 1.5 CEUs for each completed course module
- 9.0 CEUs for all six completed course modules of the Healthcare Management Certificate Program
- Certificate of Completion from the University of Georgia rewarded upon successful completion of the Healthcare Management Certificate Program