Healthcare Reform: Managing Effectively in a Changing Environment, a module in the Healthcare Management Certificate series.
Healthcare Reform has added even greater complexity to an already dynamic environment. Regardless of your role in the provision of healthcare, being effective in a rapidly changing environment requires an awareness of a number of key factors and an understanding of how these factors integrate to help your organization repeatedly deliver results.
This new course clarifies these key factors in three primary parts: (1) the alphabet soup of healthcare reform, including the impacts and considerations of HIPAA, funding provided by ARRA, and the value of EMR and HIE; (2) the enabling roles that process design and improvement and information technology play in helping your organization meet meaningful use criteria; and (3) the importance of leveraging organizational change management to help the people in your organization quickly adopt and proficiently use new processes and technology.
This module will introduce foundational concepts in these areas and give students an idea of how the various components fit together to enable effective management within today's dynamic healthcare reform environment.
This course has been updated to include:
- date updates for the HIPAA Title II Compliance Deadlines, HIMSS EMR Adoption Model, and ARRA Compliance Deadlines for Reimbursement
- an extended discussion of the use of data in modern healthcare and the adoption of social media as a communication tool for hospitals, providers, and consumers
- an expanded list of technology terms and considerations when planning a healthcare system implementation
Each course is supported by an experienced, highly qualified coach mentor who will check on your progress every 72 hours and provide supportive feedback on your lessons by email.
Who Should Attend?
- Front-office and back-office personnel in medical settings.
- Physicians, nurses, physicians' assistants, therapists, laboratory technicians, social workers, and other healthcare professionals who have recently been promoted or accepted a position as a manager or supervisor.
- Current managers or supervisors in healthcare settings, such as hospitals, physicians' offices, rehabilitation centers, etc.
- Healthcare systems looking to provide cost-effective training opportunities to supplement an internal training agenda or professional development plan
- Managers and supervisors in other fields seeking to enter the Healthcare profession.
- Individual Module Duration: Students have 30 days to complete this module upon release of the module's access information (URL, username and password).
- Six Modules/Full Certificate Program Duration: Certificate Program students have up to nine months to complete any six modules.
$389 – Individual module
$1999 – Any six modules/Full certificate program
- 1.5 CEUs for any single completed course module
- 9.0 CEUs for all six completed course modules of the Healthcare Management Certificate Program
- Certificate of Completion from the University of Georgia rewarded upon successful completion of the Healthcare Management Certificate Program