Systems Thinking and the Management Team, a module in the Healthcare Management Certificate series.
This module on systems thinking guides you as you lead your team in applying systems thinking skills and approaches to solve larger problems in the healthcare organization.
Learning about structures of healthcare systems and how the units function between and among each other builds a foundation for directing growth and change within the organization. You will learn to lead a team in solving difficult and complex issues by seeing the "big picture" and understanding how various departments in the workplace interact as issues are identified and resolved. Group dynamics within organizations, inter- and intra-group conflict, and negotiation skills will be explored.
Each course is supported by an experienced, highly qualified coach mentor who will check on your progress every 72 hours and provide supportive feedback on your lessons by email.
Who Should Attend?
- Physicians, nurses, physicians’ assistants, therapists, laboratory technicians, social workers, and other healthcare professionals who have recently been promoted or accepted a position as a manager or supervisor.
- Current managers or supervisors in healthcare settings, such as hospitals, physicians’ offices, rehabilitation centers, etc.
- Healthcare systems looking to provide cost-effective training opportunities to supplement an internal training agenda or professional development plan
- Managers and supervisors in other fields seeking to enter the Healthcare profession.
- Individual Module Duration: Students have 30 days to complete this module upon release of the module’s access information (URL, username and password).
- Six Modules/Full Certificate Program Duration: Certificate Program students have up to nine months to complete any six modules.
$349 – Individual module
$1999 – Any six modules/Full certificate program
- 1.5 CEUs for each completed course module
- 9.0 CEUs for all six completed course modules of the Healthcare Management Certificate Program
- Certificate of Completion from the University of Georgia rewarded upon successful completion of the Healthcare Management Certificate Program