The perennials "crash course" for the gardener.
Perennials are easy to grow, easy to propagate, and offer gardeners a fascinating variety of colors, forms and textures.
Format: Online course
Hours: 24 hours / 2.4 CEUs
When: Start anytime
Armitage's Herbaceous Perennials for the Shade is an online certificate program authored by the Dr. Allan Armitage, one of the world's leading experts on and researchers of perennials. In the course, you will read and hear Dr. Armitage’s insights on how to plant, propagate, and care for 18 of his favorite perennials. The course is online, so you can progress at your own pace, on your own schedule.
You’ll be using Dr. Armitage’s renowned textbook, Herbaceous Perennial Plants: A Treatise on their Identification, Culture, and Garden Attributes. Other resources include online access to the professor’s audio clips, interactive exercises, and end-of-lesson quizzes that provide instant feedback.
Who Should Attend?
- Home garden enthusiasts
- Master Gardeners
- Commercial landscapers
- Nursery and garden center employees
- Enroll at any time
- Self-paced, self-study
- Complete the course's required graded components within 90 days
- For more details about the course, please view How it Works & Learning Objectives
- $169 – regular fee (US Funds)
- $129 – Members of The Garden Center Group (Affiliation status to The Garden Center Group will be verified)
- $50 – One-Month Extension (Only one extension is granted per participant.)
- Group Discounts are available for organizations registering 5 or more participants. For additional information about group enrollments, contact Pam Bracken at +1-706-542-3537.
Prices are listed per person. Textbooks are not included in course fee, see below for order information.
The Georgia Center will gladly issue a full refund if you cancel before we send you course access information. You may receive a refund less a $50 administrative fee if you cancel after we send your access information, provided that you have not accessed the course at all. Once you access the course, you are no longer eligible for a refund. During the first 30 days of your course, if you have not completed any course work, you may opt for a one-time transfer of your enrollment to another student for a fee of $50; the new student (i.e., substitute) would have up to three months from the transfer date to complete the course. To cancel your enrollment or to submit a transfer request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Successful graduates will earn:
- 2.4 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) from the University of Georgia. Definition of CEU.
- A Certificate of Program Completion from the University of Georgia