What is Army CA?
The Army Credentialing Assistance (CA) program helps Soldiers earn in-demand, industry recognized credentials. It provides up to $4,000 in funding to pursue online career training for certifications listed on the Army COOL website.
Who is Eligible?
You qualify for Army CA funding if:
- You meet basic Federal TA eligibility requirements
- You are not flagged under provisions of AR 600-8-2
- You are not a contracted ROTC scholarship cadet or Green to Gold ROTC program cadet
- You can complete your credential program before separating from the Army
How it Works: Steps to Approval
- Verify eligibility with an Education Counselor
- Select your credential/licensure of choice
- Complete a CA Request for your training course
- Sign your Credentialing Assistance Statement of Understanding (SOU)
- Activate/reactivate your GoArmyEd account
- Submit completed Credential Plan
Select a Certification Program and Get Started
- Advanced Hospital Coding and CCS Prep (Voucher Included)
- Certified Electronic Health Records Specialist (CEHRS)
- Certified Ethical Hacker (Voucher Included)
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Certified Medical Administrative Assistant (CMAA) (Voucher Included)
- CompTIA™ A+ Certification Training (Vouchers Included)
- CompTIA™ Cloud+ Certification Training (Voucher Included)
- CompTIA™ Network+ Certification Training (Voucher Included)
- Mastering Project Management with PMP® Prep
- NASM Certified Personal Trainer and Exam Preparation (Voucher Included)
- Pharmacy Technician (Voucher Included)
- Project Management Essentials with CAPM® Prep
What does Army Credentialing Assistance (CA) pay for?
Army CA pays for tuition and all necessary supplies, including books and learning materials required for an approved training course and/or exam.
Where can I find a list of eligible certifications that qualify for Army CA?
All eligible certifications are listed on the Army COOL website.
What are the qualifications to be eligible for the Army CA Program?
To be eligible for Army CA funding, Soldiers must:
- Meet basic Federal TA eligibility requirements
- Have enough time remaining to finish their program prior to separating from the Army
- Not be flagged under provisions of AR 600-8-2
- Not be a contracted ROTC scholarship cadet (receiving tuition and fees or room and board) or Green to Gold ROTC program cadet
When can you start applying for the Army Credentialing Assistance Program?
Eligible Soldiers can apply for CA funding immediately. The Army CA program launched in 2020 and is now available Army-wide.
How is Army CA different from Federal Tuition Assistance (TA)?
TA cannot be used for a lower or lateral degree from what a Soldier already possesses. CA, on the other hand, can be requested for training that leads to an additional credential, license or certification.
Can you combine Federal Tuition Assistance and Army Credentialing Assistance?
Yes, Soldiers may combine TA and CA funding. However, the combined funding cannot exceed the $4,000 annual limit.