Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment benefits/ Education/Career Counseling are programs offered to qualified Veterans and Servicemembers. The Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment services helps individuals develop resumes, provide job training, employment accommodations, and skills coaching for job seekers. In addition, other assistance such as independent living services and assisting veterans with starting their own business can be provided.
The Education & Career Counseling program provides personalized counseling and support to eligible Servicemembers, Veterans, and dependents. The program is designed to support and guide individuals career paths, and to ensure that the most effective use of each individuals VA benefits are made.
For more information on Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment (VR&E), please visit the US Department of Veterans Affairs Education and Training information portal http://www.benefits.va.gov/VOCREHAB/index.asp
Program Details/ Course Requirements
Benefits may be used for degree programs, certificate programs, apprenticeship, and on-the-job training. Exact program approval and course requirements will be outlined by the student’s case manager during their Education & Career Counseling.
Education & Career Counseling
- Transitioning Servicemembers within six months prior to discharge from active duty
- Veterans within one year following discharge from active duty
- Any Servicemember/Veteran currently eligible for a VA education benefit
- All current VA education beneficiaries
Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment (VR&E)
There are a number of factors that qualify individuals for this benefit. To check your eligibility login to your eBenefits account and apply for the Vocational Rehabilitation & Employment Program to determine your eligibility.
How it works
- Log in to your eBenefits account at https://www.ebenefits.va.gov
- Select "Apply"
- Select "Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment Benefits"
- Apply for "Educational and Career Counseling"
- If it is determined that you are eligible, you will be invited to attend an orientation session at the nearest VA Regional Office
- Student will work with his/ her own case manager to determine options for course of study
- Upon decision on program of study, case manager will send school VA Form 28-1905
- School will register student in approved program(s)
- VA will pay school directly for student tuitions and fees
Let’s get started …
- Call our military education advisor, Suzanne Beckham, at (706) 542-7869, or send us an email at Military.email@example.com
- If you’ve already obtained funding for one of the programs listed above or any other military assistance program, please let us know and we will work with you to use your funds.
- Join our military assistance mailing list to keep up with any new developments.
Return to Index to See More Military Assistance Options