AP® Summer Institutes is moving online!
AP® Summer Institutes for Teachers will provide you with the content and resources you need to lead a successful AP® course at your school. These intensive workshops will familiarize you with subject-specific AP® standards, course content and teaching methods, and will help you identify the skills and knowledge the exam will assess, so you can better prepare your students.
Hours: 30 hours
Credits: 3 CEUs
When: Summer 2020
Registration is now open!
You will have the chance to develop or tweak your syllabi and lesson plans, and learn new strategies for teaching students at beginning and intermediate levels. This is a wonderful opportunity to exchange ideas and information with your peers, and to become a member of an engaged and diverse learning community.
A Certificate of Completion will be awarded to each participant who meets the completion requirements, and all workshops are approved for 3.0 CEUs which will be reflected on participant transcripts. Workshops are appropriate for both new and experienced teachers.
Week 1: Monday, June 15 - Friday, June 19, 2020
Week 2: Monday, July 6 - Friday, July 10, 2020
Week 1: Monday, June 15 - Friday, June 19, 2020
All course sessions for Week 1 are full.
- AP English Language & Composition, Session A (also offered in Week 2) - Consultant: Ann Rudkin - Course & Instructor Information
- AP English Literature & Composition, Session A (also offered in Week 2) - Consultant: Pat Whyte - Course & Instructor Information
- AP Human Geography - Consultant: John Trites - Course & Instructor Information
- AP Physics 1: Algebra Based - Consultant: Terri McMurray - Course & Instructor Information
- AP World History, Session A (also offered during Week 2) - Consultant: Jonathan Henderson - Course & Instructor Information
- AP Biology - Consultant: Pat Mote - Course & Instructor Information
- AP Calculus BC - Consultant: Larry Peterson - Course & Instructor Information
- AP Economics (Macro & Micro Combined) - Consultant: Gary Petmecky - Course & Instructor Information
- AP English Language & Composition, Session B (also offered in Week 1) - Consultant: Ann Rudkin - Course & Instructor Information
- AP English Literature & Composition, Session B (also offered in Week 1) - Consultant: Pat Whyte - Course & Instructor Information
- AP Environmental Science - Consultants: Pam Shlachtman - Course & Instructor Information
- AP German Language & Culture - Consultant: Angelika Becker - Course & Instructor Information
- AP Latin - Consultant: Mary Pendergraft - Course & Instructor Information
- AP Psychology - Consultant: Nancy Fenton - Course & Instructor Information
- AP Spanish Language & Culture - Consultant: Carlos Gomez-Camargo - Course & Instructor Information
- AP Statistics - Consultant: David Wilcox - Course & Instructor Information
- AP United States History - Consultant: Sue Reeder - Course & Instructor Information
- AP World History, Session B (also offered during Week 1) - Consultant: Patrick Whelan - Course & Instructor Information
- $655 per workshop
- $55 late registration fee is charged after May 25 for Week 1 & after June 12 in Week 2
The fees listed here include instruction by a College Board endorsed consultant and all course materials.
Materials will be shipped directly to you by the College Board, make sure that you provide us with the correct shipping address. We cannot guarantee that you will receive your materials on time if we receive registration 14 days before the workshop begins.
June 26 is the registration cut-off date for Week 2, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to register after the cut-off date.
The College Board offers qualifying teachers the opportunity to attend an APSI for free in the form of scholarships and/or fellowships. The deadline for applications is February 12, 2020.
Please note that requesting a scholarship from the College Board is not the same thing as registering for an APSI workshop. If you have submitted a scholarship request to the College Board, we strongly encourage you to register for your chosen APSI workshop online as soon as possible, as they often fill up fast. To hold a spot in a course after you have submitted a scholarship, click “Register Now” and you will be redirected to the Cvent registration system to register. We will guide you through the process of indicating your scholarship request when you register, and you will not have to make a payment up front.
School Purchase Orders (POs):
You can register online and request we invoice your school until three weeks before your session begins. After that time, registrations will not be accepted without full payment or an approved Purchase Order from your school or organization. For more information about school purchase orders, see our purchase order information sheet.
To allow us time to order your College Board materials, please register no less than three weeks before your session begins. After that time, we will accept new participants only if there is space in the class and full payment is received at the time of registration. Participants registering with less than three weeks’ notice should not expect all of their materials to be present upon arrival.
Cancellation and Refund Policies:
1. You may receive a refund of any monies paid, minus a $100 cancellation fee, if we receive your cancellation notice in writing or by phone before the deadlines listed below.
- Week 1 (June 15 - 19): cancel on or before Monday, May 25, 2020 at 5:00 p.m. ET
- Week 2 (July 6 - 10): cancel on or before Monday, June 15, 2020 at 5:00 p.m. ET
2. Cancellations after the deadlines listed above will not be refunded, though school systems may substitute another teacher for a paid participant in the same course.
3. To change or cancel your registration, email email@example.com, Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. ET.
4. Most courses require a minimum enrollment of 10 participants. Courses with insufficient enrollment will be cancelled on or before May 29, 2020. Participants will be notified by email if a course is cancelled, and refunds will be processed and submitted to the individual or school who paid the registration fee.
If you require special services, please contact the Program Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org no less than two weeks before your workshop begins.