Ever dreamt of becoming a fashion designer! Discover the basic elements of fashion sketching, illustration, construction, collection development, beadwork, and fabric selection in this exciting camp. We'll examine work by famous designers, from Coco Chanel to Marc Jacobs, exploring the steps designers go through before, during, and after Fashion Week. By the end of camp, you will leave with a sketchbook full of designs and inspiration!
|Date:||Monday, June 26, 2023 to Friday, June 30, 2023|
|Cost:||Day Camp - $460|
Residential Camp - $1110
|Optional Lunch Voucher (Day campers only) - $60|
Supplies and Materials:
- I-Pad (w/Procreate App) or Laptop
- (1) Drawing Pad (should say mixed media, watercolor paper, or bristo)
- Option 1: Canson Artist Series Mixed Media Paper (Amazon)
- Option 2: Blick Studio Watercolor Pad - 11" x 15", 140 lb, Spiral-bound, 15 Sheets (Dick Blick)
- Option 3: Canson XL Recycled Bristol Pad - 11" x 14", Fold-over, 25 Sheets (Dick Blick)
- (1) Color Set (if you go with the markers, please purchase colored pencils as well)
- Gouche Set
- Watercolors: Koh-I-Noor Watercolor Wheel Set (Dick Blick) - instructor favorite
- Watercolor Pencil
- Marker Set
- Color Pencil Set
- Pastel Set: PanPastel Artists' Painting Pastels (Dick Blick) (not oil) *If you choose to buy pastels, you’ll need to buy another media set (either watercolor or marker)
- (1) White t-shirt (used is fine)- must be 100%cotton or silk
- Students are encouraged to bring fashion magazines for their mood boards
Alexandra Parsons earned her B.F.A. in Fashion Design from the Savannah College of Art and Design and studied Fabric Design at the University of Georgia. She currently lives in New York City and works on her own clothing label, which has been sold at a local boutique and was featured on MTV. Alexandra previously held internships with Anne Barge, the prestigious Atlanta-based bridal designer, and JonValdi Couture (now Germán Valdivia) in New York City. While studying at SCAD-Atlanta, she founded a student fashion organization called Fashion Haus Atlanta, and served as a designer and organizer in several fashion shows. This is Alexandra's thirteenth year as a Summer Academy instructor.
El Lewis received his Bachelors in Fashion Merchandising with an emphasis in Dress Sociology from The University of Georgia. He currently lives between New York City and Atlanta while working as a Creative Director and Fashion Editor/Stylist. He specializes in Styling, Brand Direction, Content Creation, Social Media Marketing and E-commerce Consultancy. His clients include Alexander Wang, Essence Magazine, Brides, Forbes, Barneys, Nordstrom, and Domestic and International Fashion tech start-ups. Lewis has now founded fashion tech company, O. STUDIO DESIGN. This is El’s fifth year as a Georgia Center Youth Programs instructor.