Reach out to your customers and the people who influence them
This is the era of the new "social consumers" — and they want to hear from your business. With the right social media strategies, your organization can continually cultivate their loyalty and trust.
Discover how to put the power of social media tools to work for business development. A new UGA-developed course, Using Social Media to Build Business, gives you a roadmap for successfully integrating social programs into your business strategies.
This online certificate course was developed by the Department of Advertising and Public Relations in UGA's Grady College of Journalism and Mass Communication. You can start any time and progress at your own pace. At any time, you can engage in a dialog by email with your coach-mentor.
What you will learn:
- How social media has changed the way businesses and customers interact — and the way customers make their buying decisions.
- The essential elements of an effective organizational social media program — and how to set its strategies, objectives and goals.
- How to get organizational "buy in" to a collaborative social media program.
- Best practices for getting maximum benefits from blogs and leading social networking sites.
- How to execute a social networking campaign integrated with other communications vehicles.
- How to assess and measure the impact of social media activities.
- For more information about the course, please view How it Works & Learning Objectives
Who Should Attend?
- Managers who want to help their organizations integrate social media with their business strategies for brand preference and customer loyalty.
- PRSA members seeking to enhance and expand their knowledge of social media strategies.
- Anyone who seeks in-depth, practical knowledge and actionable ideas about using social media effectively to win business.
- College-educated professionals who want to expand their marketing skills.
Enroll at any time; three months is allowed from the time of registration to complete the 44-hour course.
- PRSA Member Discount Rate: $449
- Currently enrolled UGA Student: $449
- Standard Rate: $549
- $50 — One-Month Extension (Only one extension is granted per participant.)
Prices are listed per person; the course fee does not include the four required textbooks; see textbook requirements below.
Cancellation, Refund, and Transfer Policies
The Georgia Center will gladly issue a full refund if you cancel before we send you course access information. You may receive a refund less a $75 administrative fee if you cancel after we send your access information, provided that you have not accessed the course at all. Once you access the course, you are no longer eligible for a refund. During the first 30 days of your course, if you have not completed any course work, you may opt for a one-time transfer of your enrollment to another student for a fee of $50; the new student (i.e., substitute) would have up to three months from the transfer date to complete the course. To cancel your enrollment or to submit a transfer request, please send an email to email@example.com.
Successful graduates will earn:
- 4.4 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) from the University of Georgia. Definition of CEU.
- A Certificate of Program Completion from the University of Georgia and the Public Relations Society of America (PRSA)