Nine days of classroom training in Gwinnett can expand your career options.
Opportunities abound for gerontology-trained managers, nurses, counselors, therapists, social workers, physicians and other professionals. Earning a Professional Gerontology Certificate from the University of Georgia can open career doors in health care, dentistry, education, government, research, social work, counseling and charity fields.
Where: UGA's Gwinnett Campus
When: Fall coming soon!
Hours: 54 hours / 5.4 CEUs
Cost: $599 plus textbook
This classroom course, at UGA’s Gwinnett campus in metro Atlanta, provides a multidisciplinary approach to gerontology issues.
How you’ll benefit from this program:
- Ride the trend: increased longevity is fueling demand for gerontology-specific skills
- Gain invaluable knowledge
- Build a network of peers for sharing expertise, ideas and resources
- Add a career-building credential in just nine weeks!
What you will learn:
- The biological, psychological and sociological changes that occur as we get older
- How families, institutions and social networks are addressing the issues and trends of an aging population
- Social, cultural and legal aspects of serving the needs of the elderly
- County, state and federal programs and services for older adults
Who Should Attend?
Nurses, physical therapists, and other health care professionals; dentists and physicians; social workers; religious leaders; educational, financial and nonprofit personnel; employers working with diverse age groups; caregivers; adult children of aging parents; older adults.
Fall 2014 dates coming soon!
Please check signage in Lobby
Textbook not included
- Certificate of Program Completion
- 5.4 CEUS will be awarded for 54 contact hours