Nine days of classroom training in Gwinnett can expand your career options.
Opportunities abound for gerontology-trained managers, nurses, counselors, therapists, social workers, physicians and other professionals. Earning a Professional Gerontology Certificate from the University of Georgia can open career doors in health care, dentistry, education, government, research, social work, counseling and charity fields.
This classroom course, at UGA’s Gwinnett campus in metro Atlanta, provides a multidisciplinary approach to gerontology issues.
How you’ll benefit from this program:
- Ride the trend: increased longevity is fueling demand for gerontology-specific skills
- Gain invaluable knowledge
- Build a network of peers for sharing expertise, ideas and resources
- Add a career-building credential in just nine weeks!
What you will learn:
- The biological, psychological and sociological changes that occur as we get older
- How families, institutions and social networks are addressing the issues and trends of an aging population
- Social, cultural and legal aspects of serving the needs of the elderly
- County, state and federal programs and services for older adults
Who Should Attend?
Nurses, physical therapists, and other health care professionals; dentists and physicians; social workers; religious leaders; educational, financial and nonprofit personnel; employers working with diverse age groups; caregivers; adult children of aging parents; older adults.
Mondays, 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
Please check signage in Lobby
Textbook not included
- Certificate of Program Completion
- 5.4 CEUS will be awarded for 54 contact hours