Learn how to manage your photo library and produce excellent images for printing and display. Adobe Photoshop Lightroom is an easy-to-learn photo editing and photo management program. This popular software product provides everything you need to organize, edit, print, and share your photos.
Hours: 8 hours
Where: UGA's Athens campus
When: Coming Spring 2018!
In the class, you'll learn the key steps for using Lightroom’s integrated workflow:
- Importing photos
- Comparing photos from a shoot and selecting the best ones
- Editing tools to turn good photos into great ones
- Exporting photos for printing or sharing
What you will learn:
- How to migrate from a current editor (such as Photoshop, Photoshop Elements, Aperture, or Photos) to Lightroom
- How to import photos into the Lightroom catalog
- How to perform a triage process to select the best photos from a shoot
- How and when to use basic metadata, rating stars and color tags to organize photos for future reference
- How to use Lightroom’s Develop module to enhance photos
- Familiarity with the Map, Book, Slideshow, and Web modules
- How to print, export, and email photos
- How to create secure backups of your photo library and catalog
Who Should Attend?
Serious amateurs, or photographers who are interested in photography as a profession.
The class is open to students 18 years of age and up. Minors ages 16 and 17 must be accompanied by a parent or a guardian who must be present in the classroom with the student at all times. We highly recommend that parents or guardians take advantage of the learning opportunity by signing up with their students. Please note that a request and agreement form for registration of a minor is required to complete the application. Call (706) 542-3537 for more information.
Coming Spring 2018!