Project management is one of the most in-demand skills in the business and industry world. The Project Management Certificate gives students the knowledge of what it takes to manage simple and complex projects from start to finish, on time, and within budget.
In this course, students will gain an understanding of the standards of project management presented in the Project Management Institute (PMI)® PMBOK® Guide.
The ten knowledge areas presented in the PMBOK® Guide are:
- Project Scope Management
- Project Schedule Management
- Project Resources Management
- Project Procurement Management
- Project Communication Management
- Project Integration Management
- Project Risk Management
- Project Quality Management
- Project Cost Management
- Project Stakeholders Management
In addition, students will learn a variety of soft skills essential when practicing project management in the real world, including,
- Communication Styles
- Dealing with Conflict
- Myers-Briggs Type
"PMI®", "PMBOK® Guide" and "PMP®" are trademarks of the Project Management Institute, Inc. which is registered in the United States and other nations.
Professional Development Benefits
Earn your education hours for the PMP® Certification Exam.
If you are planning to take PMI®'s Project Management Professional Certification Exam, this course will provide the project management education hours needed to qualify for the exam. For more information about the exam qualifications, please visit the Project Management Institute webpage. Please note: this course only satisfies the project management education hours needed to take the PMP® Certification Exam; it is not a test preparatory course for the exam.
Who Should Attend?
- Managers, supervisors and individuals who want to learn project management skills and processes through an in-depth project management program
- Experienced project managers who have no formal project management instruction
- Project managers seeking project management contact hours to sit for the PMP® Certification Examination
October Session –
Fridays and Saturdays, October 19 - November 3, 2018
8:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
$2,499 (includes materials)
Students will be awarded a Certificate of Program Completion for 3.6 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) upon successfully completing the course.
Attendance Policy and Other Important Requirements:
In order to receive the Certificate of Course Completion, students must complete,
- Timely and successful completion of written and oral assignments
- Attendance at least five of the six classes
- Cumulative score of 70% or better on combined quiz grades