Prepare for the ACT® at the University of Georgia. Learn strategies to improve your score through our intense ACT preparation program.
The ACT Live-Online Summer Institute offers comprehensive preparation for the ACT. Our Live-Online Summer Institutes are intensive test-preparation programs that provide the tools you need to prepare for and succeed on the ACT. Each course includes 16 hours of online instruction.
Our Live-Online Summer Institutes are convenient for students seeking to develop essential test-taking tools during the summer, when many students have more time available for practice. Students will receive the official preparation guide including practice tests from ACT, a course workbook, and access to our online resources—class recordings, pre-recorded class modules, an instructor-monitored question forum, and online office hours.
The ACT Live-Online Summer Institute includes:
- 16 hours of direct instruction
- Experienced, expert instructors
- Official preparation guide including practice tests from ACT
- Course workbook
- Thorough presentations and explanations
- Review of frequently tested topics
- Access to online support resources
The Live-Online ACT Summer Institute Covers:
- Practice solution techniques for problems containing variables
- Learn efficient approaches to complicated multi-step problems
- Discover tactics for translating difficult word problems into equations
- Identify correct idiomatic speech in sentence correction problems
- Understand the basic concepts of rhetorical construction
- Learn which grammar errors are most frequently tested
- Understand which part of the passage to read for reading comprehension questions
- Recognize the difference between global and local test items
- Identify passages written from the journalistic and engaged perspectives
Science Reasoning Topics
- Identify parameters for test items involving graphs and charts
- Interpolate or extrapolate answers from data given in tables
- Recognize the point of an experiment in research summary items
General Test Taking Topics
- Use the process of elimination
- Master time management skills
- Minimize test anxiety
- Identify common distractors
Course Date Info:
$449 - Textbooks provided
Course materials will be shipped to the address provided when you register for the live-online classes.
We recommend registering at least five (5) business days before the course start date to ensure timely delivery of your course materials package. Are you registering within the five (5) business days of the course start date or after the course starts? Not a problem. Students will be emailed digital workbook handouts for the class sessions to facilitate participation until their course materials are delivered.