You are here

Participants in career-oriented programs offered through the University of Georgia Center for Continuing Education may be eligible for financial assistance:

AmeriCorps: vouchers accepted; call the Georgia Center at +1-706-542-3537 or toll-free at 800-811-6640 for details.

GI Bill (Chapter 30) VA Benefits: Honorably discharged military personnel may be able to use VA benefits to pay for training. With approval from the Department of Veterans Services, the University of Georgia Center for Continuing Education offers these classroom-based programs that are approved for GI Bill funding:

For more information regarding Veterans' benefits, please contact the Veterans Administration toll-free at 888-GIBILL1 or

Military Spouse Assistance (MyCAA): Spouses of active duty military members around the world may be eligible for up to $4,000 in tuition for career training. Online application is easy. Establish an account at the MyCAA website (this is a secure government site, so you will need to accept the certificates). MyCAA is now limited to Certification and Licensure Programs and Associate Degrees. The program is open to all eligible spouses under the new guidelines below:

  • Spouse of an active duty Army, Navy, Air Force, or Marine service member, or activated Reserve member in pay grades E1-E5, W1-W2, or O1-O2.
  • Spouse of National Guard and/or AGR member only if the sponsor-spouse is on federal Title 10 active duty orders and reported in DEERS. Spouses of Guard/Reserve member in an Alert, Transition Assistance, or Post Deployment status are not eligible.
  • The fiscal year cap is waived for spouses pursuing licensure or credential courses with a cost up to the total maximum assistance of $4,000.
  • Spouses must finish their program of study within three years.

For information, email or call the UGA Georgia Center at +1-706-542-3537 or toll-free in the US at 800-811-6640 for details.

Veterans Administration Vocational Rehabilitation (VAVR) (Chapter 31): Veterans receiving services from the VA Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment Division can receive approval from their Vocational Rehabilitation Case Manager (VRC) and pay for any approved courses with a VA Form 28-1905. In Georgia, contact

Workforce Investment Act (WIA): If you have been forced out of work due to downsizing and reorganization, you may be eligible for federal training dollars. The Workforce Investment Act is designed to help displaced workers obtain training in fields that serve local employee bases. You may request a University of Georgia Center for Continuing Education course if it is not conveniently offered on the WIA Eligible Provider/Program List (EPL). Contact your local Department of Labor representative or One Stop Advisor for more information:

Private Lenders: The following is not a preferred lender list and is provided only as a courtesy. The lenders are presented in random order. You are completely free to use a lender not on the list. The University of Georgia receives no benefits from any lender. See the University of Georgia Student Loan Code of Conduct for further information.

The lenders offering these loans determine their interest rates, enrollment status requirements, repayment options, and any fees that may apply. Contact the lender directly for further information on requirements, rates, and application procedures.

UGA students have received in recent years private education loans from the following lenders:

Other Funding Sources : University of Georgia Center for Continuing Education programs are not eligible for a Hope Grant, Hope Scholarship, Pell Grant or any other federal financial loan package. For more information on programs that are eligible for these loan options please visit or contact the University of Georgia's Office of Student Financial Aid.