If you have the desire to teach English to speakers of other languages, enhance your career with UGA's Global TESOL Certificate program.
The Global TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages) Certificate is a 120-hour training program designed for individuals who want to teach English in a non-public school setting within or outside of the United States.
Online format coming summer 2016!
Hours: 120 / 12 CEUs
Where: UGA's Gwinnett campus
Cost: $1,799 or $450 per module
The four course modules in this online program will give you a solid theoretical foundation for teaching English, as well as hands-on classroom experience and job-searching skills. You will learn about intercultural communication, linguistics, and curriculum and lesson plan development. Successful completion of the program will prepare you to work as a teacher, trainer, tutor or cross-cultural communicator both at home and abroad. The modules – each of which includes outside research, projects, observation and portfolio development – can be taken in any order.
Individual modules include:
- Orientation to the Profession of TESOL (Online class begins June 2016)
- Issues of Culture and Language (Online class begins July 2016)
- Applied Linguistics and Language Acquisition (Online class begins August 2016)
- Materials and Methods for Teaching English Language Learners (Last face-to-face class begins 2/27/16; Online class begins September 2016)
Join our mailing list and select Teacher Education to be notified when a new session begins!
Who Should Attend?
- Individuals interested in teaching English to speakers of other languages
- Teachers, instructors or trainers
- Au pairs
The online modules can be purchased individually, on a "pay as you go" basis, for $450 each.
Optionally, all four modules can be purchased at one time as a full package for $1799.
Some modules require student to purchase a textbook.
Certificate of Completion from the University of Georgia