If you have the desire to teach English to speakers of other languages, enhance your career with UGA's Global TESOL Certificate program.
The Global TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages) Certificate is a 150-hour training program designed for individuals who want to teach English in a non-public school setting within or outside of the United States. Unlike basic TESOL courses available online, this is an in-depth program that includes observing TESOL classrooms and practicing with other students.
The four course modules in this classroom program will give you a solid theoretical foundation for teaching English, as well as hands-on classroom experience and job-searching skills. You will learn about intercultural communication, linguistics, and curriculum and lesson plan development. Successful completion of the program will prepare you to work as a teacher, trainer, tutor or cross-cultural communicator both at home and abroad. The modules – each of which includes outside research, projects, observation and portfolio development – can be taken in any order.
Individual modules include:
- Orientation to the Profession of TESOL (Begins 7/11/15)
- Issues of Culture and Language (Begins 8/15/15)
- Applied Linguistics and Language Acquisition (Begins 10/3/2015)
- Materials and Methods for Teaching English Language Learners (Begins 11/14/2015)
Who Should Attend?
- Individuals interested in teaching English to speakers of other languages
- Teachers, instructors or trainers
- Au pairs
The modules can be purchased individually, on a "pay as you go" basis, for $389 each.
Optionally, all four modules can be purchased at one time as a full package for $1495.
Some modules require student to purchase a textbook.
Certificate of Completion from the University of Georgia