If you have the desire to teach English to speakers of other languages, enhance your career with UGA's Global TESOL Certificate program.
The Global TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages) Certificate is a 120-hour training program designed for individuals who want to teach English in a non-public school setting within or outside of the United States.
The four course modules in this online program will provide you with a solid theoretical foundation for teaching English. You will learn about intercultural communication, linguistics, and curriculum and lesson plan development. Successful completion of the program will prepare you to work as a teacher, trainer, tutor or cross-cultural communicator both at home and abroad. The modules – each of which include outside research, projects, engaging discussions, and portfolio development – can be taken in any order.
Individual modules include:
- Orientation to the Profession of TESOL New Session Coming Soon!
- Issues of Culture and Language New Session Coming Soon!
- Applied Linguistics and Language Acquisition (Begins 8/8/16)
- Materials and Methods for Teaching English Language Learners (Begins 9/12/16)
Join our mailing list and select Teacher Education to be notified when a new session begins!
Who Should Attend?
- Individuals interested in teaching English to speakers of other languages
- Teachers, instructors or trainers
- Au pairs
$450 – Individual module
$1799 – Full certificate program
Some modules require student to purchase a textbook.
Certificate of Completion from the University of Georgia