What’s it take to be a wedding photographer? Learn from a professional who has built a successful photography business in Athens.
Hours: 14 hours / 1.4 CEUs
Where: UGA's Athens Campus
When: Coming Spring 2019
In this course, Floyd Downer takes you through the entire process of planning the project, capturing the most special moments, and delighting the newlyweds and their families. In addition to sharing his wealth of experiences, he explains the techniques he used for specific photographs in his portfolio.
Over the course of seven weekly two-hour sessions, you will participate in practical exercises and field trips.
You will learn:
- how to prepare for the engagement and wedding day photography shoots
- what equipment and staffing assistance you’ll need, plus tips to maximize your effectiveness
- how to select the best settings for capturing the beauty and joy of the event, from pre-wedding scenes through the wedding ceremony, reception, portraits and candid shots of the wedding party and guests.
- tips for lighting, camera settings, composition and post-processing
- business aspects of being a wedding photographer, including building references, negotiating contracts, and delivering images
Plan to bring a digital SLR camera with user manual, Speedlite Flash with user manual, memory cards, and fully charged batteries for all components to all classes. The instructor will advise you of other equipment needed for the class.
Coming Spring 2019
14 hours / 1.4CEUs