Landscape managers and master gardeners are in high demand to maintain and enhance grounds for commercial and public property owners, including stadiums, golf courses, apartment complexes, resorts and office parks.
Learn from the experts and increase your earning potential with Turfgrass Management and Gardening programs from the University of Georgia. Designed with working professionals in mind, our print-based and online options help build your skills and enhance your resume at a pace that works for you.
Turfgrass — a core element of landscape design — is a highly specialized aspect of landscape management.
The University of Georgia proudly offers its own courses for the landscaping industry.
- In UGA’s turfgrass courses, you’ll learn to select and maintain different types of turf grasses for a variety of conditions, such as drought, shade and high traffic.
- Register yourself or employees for UGA's Principles of Turfgrass Management and become Landscape Industry Certified by the National Association of Landscape Professional (NALP).
- Register yourself or employees for UGA's Sports Turfgrass Management. UGA's Sports Turfgrass Management Course is an in-depth review of fundamental sports field management practices, endorsed by the Sports Turf Managers Association (STMA).
- Recertification Online Course for Level II: Introduction to Design brings you up-to-date on the latest changes in the federal and state requirements for land-disturbing activities.
- Armitage’s Herbaceous Perennials for the Sun is ideal for master gardeners, nursery employees, and landscape designers.
HAVE A QUESTION? GET IN TOUCH. WE'LL BE BACK WITH YOU SHORTLY.