Prepare for tax season!
Your clients will be asking you about newly enacted and proposed changes in the tax law. They will look to you to understand the issues and develop a plan that serves their best interests.
Federal Tax Update 2017, the University of Georgia’s tax seminar for tax professionals, is coming to five Georgia cities starting November 28. The eight-hour session is packed with information you need to advise clients and prepare their returns. In addition to briefing you on the latest tax law changes, Jeff Snyder, CPA, will share his keen insights on major tax issues, review important tax cases and revenue rulings, and explore a host of tax planning strategies.
Federal Tax Update 2017 is an IRS-approved Continuing Education program. Register now for any of the one-day sessions, which are scheduled in Augusta, Athens, Lawrenceville, Dalton and Marietta.
- Update on proposed and potential tax law changes
- Update on major enacted tax law changes, including the status of DOL overtime rule changes, the new partnership audit rules, the PATH Act, and more
- Health care reform: where we are and where we may be going
- Review of pertinent cases and rulings regarding exclusions, character issues, retirement plans, travel and other items affecting your individual taxpayers
- Practice aids, including all the numbers applicable for the current year -- inflation-adjusted amounts, mileage rates, retirement contributions, and more
- Recent developments with business entities, including C corporations, S corporations, partnerships, and limited liability companies
- The latest on depreciation and safe harbor expensing options, including the $2,500 de minimis expense item
- The latest issues related to passive activities, substantiation and any other late-breaking tax law changes
All session times 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Kroc Community Center, 1833 Broad Street, Augusta, GA 30904
Monday, November 27, 2017
UGA Center for Continuing Education & Hotel, 1197 South Lumpkin Street, Athens GA 30602
Tuesday, November 28, 2017
UGA Gwinnett Campus, 2530 Sever Road, Lawrenceville, GA 30043
Wednesday, November 29, 2017
Dalton Convention Center, 2211 Dug Gap Battle Road, Dalton, GA 30720
Monday, December 4, 2017
Mansour Center, 995 Roswell Street NE, Marietta, GA 30060
Tuesday, December 5, 2017
Who Should Attend?
CPAs, Enrolled Agents, Registered Tax Return Preparers, CFPs, Tax Attorneys, and other tax professionals who need to know the latest tax law changes in all areas of practice.
8 hours CPE (Continuing Professional Education)
8 hours CE (Continuing Education for Enrolled Agents – IRS Approved)
8 hours CFP credit (eligible but must be self-reported)
6.5 CLE (Continuing Legal Education) For Attorneys Only
.65 CEU (Continuing Education Unit)