The Human Resources Management Certificate, a 40-hour classroom training program, assists students seeking to earn the new Society of Human Resources Management's (SHRM®) competency-based certification. SHRM's new credentials include two levels: SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP™) and SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP™). This program prepares you to take SHRM's exam for either certification level.
Human Resources Management Certificate is made available through a partnership between The University of Georgia Center for Continuing Education and the Society for Human Resources Management (SHRM®). This program will help you put HR knowledge and competencies to work through critical thinking and application for career success.
What you will learn
Based on the SHRM Learning System, the program covers four knowledge domains and nine competency models needed to grow and succeed in HR careers.
The domains covered are:
The nine competency models covered are:
- Business Acumen
- Critical Evaluation
- Global and Cultural Effectiveness
- Leadership and Navigation
- Relationship Management
- Ethical Practice
- HR Expertise
Who Should Attend?
- Managers and staff in general management or human resources management positions
- Human resources professionals seeking to advance their career with a SPHR® certification
- Certified human resources professionals needing credit for PHR®/SPHR® recertification
- Human resources practitioners seeking professional development to advance their careers
- Experienced managers who are new to the field of human resources
- Mid-level managers pursuing a career change or a promotion
Weekend Session –
Orientation: Wednesday, February 4, 2015: 6:00 - 7:30 p.m.
Classes: Every other Saturday, February 14, 2015 – April 25, 2015: 9:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Please check signage.
Important Course Information and Requirements:
- Students will be awarded a Certificate of Program Completion for 4.0 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) upon completion of 40 hours of course work.
- Timely completion of assignments is required including the successful completion of written and oral assignments. To receive your Certificate of Completion, your attendance is required at all twelve sessions (weekday session) and all seven sessions (weekend session) and you must have a score of 70% or better for the final written and oral examination.
Military Funding Information:
The Human Resources Management Certificate Program has been approved by the Department of Veterans Services to receive GI Bill funding. Spouses of active duty military members that are eligible for MYCAA and active duty military members that are eligible for Air Force TA and Army TA may contact their education service officer to apply for course approval. For more information regarding military funding for this course, visit our Financial and Military Assistance page or contact our office at 706-542-3537.