Prepare for a career as a paralegal. Many law practices and other organizations rely on paralegals to assist attorneys and increase office productivity.
The University of Georgia's Paralegal Certificate Program builds the knowledge and skills necessary for a career as a paralegal. The course is practice-oriented and focused on those areas of law in which paralegals are in most demand. The course trains you to interview witnesses, investigate complex fact patterns, research the law, prepare legal documents, and assist in preparing cases.
What you will learn:
- Legal terminology, ethics, and the litigation process
- the rules of evidence and civil procedure
- basic interviewing and investigation techniques and the development and use of demonstrative evidence
- preparation of discovery matter, such as Interrogatories, Requests for Admissions, and Requests for Production of Documents.
- how to identify relevant law
- research skills and techniques for use in legal memoranda, motions, and briefs
- preparation of legal documents
- preparation and critique of legal memoranda
The Paralegal Certificate Program is offered in partnership by the University of Georgia Center for Continuing Education and the Center for Legal Studies.
Who Should Attend?
- Individuals seeking paralegal training and skills necessary for a career as a paralegal
- Current paralegals wanting to increase their office's efficiency, productivity, and billable hours as well as learn new marketable job skills
6:00 p.m. – 9:30 p.m. Fridays
9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Saturdays
No class February 14 and 15, 2014
Please check signage in lobby
8 weeks/ 84 hours/ 8.4 CEUs
Successful graduates of this non-credit course will be awarded a Certificate of Completion from the University of Georgia Center for Continuing Education.
Military Funding Information:
The Paralegal Certificate Program has been approved by the Department of Veterans Services to receive GI Bill funding. Spouses of active duty military members that are eligible for MYCAA and active duty military members that are eligible for Air Force TA and Army TA may contact their education service officer to apply for course approval. For more information regarding military funding for this course, visit our Financial and Military Assistance page or contact our office at 706-542-3537.