Project management is one of the most in-demand skills in the business world. Project Management Certificate — a classroom program from the University of Georgia — explains what it takes to manage simple and complex projects from start to finish, on time, and within budget.
In this course, you will gain an understanding of the standards of project management presented in the Project Management Institute (PMI)® PMBOK® Guide. You will also gain valuable skills necessary for work as a project manager in any industry.
The course includes topics such as the life cycle of a project, project management processes, professional responsibility of a project manager, and, if you are planning to take PMI®'s PMP® Certification Exam, this course will provide the project management education hours you need to qualify for the exam.
This course covers the ten knowledge areas presented in the PMBOK® Guide:
- Project Scope Management
- Project Time Management
- Project Human Resource Management
- Project Procurement Management
- Project Communication Management
- Project Integration Management
- Project Risk Management
- Project Quality Management
- Project Cost Management
- Project Stakeholders Management
Each participant will receive a comprehensive manual in class, a copy of A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide) – Fifth Edition, and other appropriate study materials as identified by the instructor.
The University of Georgia Center for Continuing Education is committed to providing quality project management education that meet the standards set forth by PMI®.
Who Should Attend?
- Managers, supervisors and individuals who want to learn project management skills and processes through an in-depth project management program
- Experienced project managers who have no formal project management instruction
- Project managers seeking project management contact hours to sit for the certification examination (Please note: this course only satisfies the project management education hours needed to take the PMP Certification Exam; it is not a test preparatory course for the exam)
Summer Session –
Fridays and Saturdays, July 8-9, 15-16 and 22-23, 2016
8:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
Fall Session –
Fridays and Saturdays, October 7-8, 14-15, and 21-22, 2016
8:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
Students will be awarded a Certificate of Program Completion for 3.6 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) upon successfully completing the course.
"PMI®", "PMBOK® Guide" and "PMP®" are trademarks of the Project Management Institute, Inc. which is registered in the United States and other nations.
Attendance Policy and Other Important Requirements:
Timely and successful completion of written and oral assignments is required. Students must also attend at least five of the six classes, and receive a cumulative score of 70% or better on combined quiz grades to receive the Certificate of Program Completion.