Project management is one of the most in-demand skills in the business world. Project Management Certificate — a classroom program from the University of Georgia — explains what it takes to manage simple and complex projects from start to finish, on time, and within budget.
In this course, you will gain an understanding of the standards of project management presented in the Project Management Institute (PMI)® PMBOK® Guide. You will also gain valuable skills necessary for work as a project manager in any industry.
The course includes topics such as the life cycle of a project, project management processes, professional responsibility of a project manager, and, if you are planning to take PMI®'s PMP® Certification Exam, this course will provide the project management education hours you need to qualify for the exam.
This course covers the ten knowledge areas presented in the PMBOK® Guide:
- Project Scope Management
- Project Time Management
- Project Human Resource Management
- Project Procurement Management
- Project Communication Management
- Project Integration Management
- Project Risk Management
- Project Quality Management
- Project Cost Management
- Project Stakeholders Management
Each participant will receive a 3-ring binder with comprehensive handouts covered in class, a copy of A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide) – Fifth Edition, and other appropriate study materials as identified by the instructor.
Who Should Attend?
- Managers, supervisors and individuals who want to learn project management skills and processes through an in-depth project management program
- Experienced project managers who have no formal project management instruction
- Project managers seeking project management contact hours to sit for the certification examination
- 3.6 CEUs/36 PDUs
- Certificate of Completion from the University of Georgia and Corporate-Copia, LLC