A government's most valuable asset is its people. Many government employees and elected officials are involved in the personnel functions in their governments. Human Resources: An Online Course for Governmental Officials will familiarize you with supervisory fundamentals and the legal environment of the Human Resources Management function.
This online course is a dynamic program written by an outstanding academic and governmental human resource professional. The course explains the role of the human resource manager in establishing and adhering to sound personnel policies and procedures. You'll get many example documents in class that can be used in your home jurisdiction.
What does the course cover?
The course has six lessons:
- Human Resources and Risk Management
- Recruitment and Selection
- Compensation and Benefits
- Performance Management and Appraisal
- Discipline and Discharge
- Legal Environment of Human Resource Management
Who Should Attend?
- Government Employees who work for a City or a County in the State of Georgia
- Elected Officials
- Council Members
- Commission Members
- City or County Manager
- City or County Clerk
- City, State, Municipal or Federal Employee with Human Resource/Personnel Responsibilities
- Anyone who wants or needs or would benefit from general Human Resource information
- Any government employee (local, state or federal) who wants to gain governmental human resource knowledge
- Enroll at any time
- Complete the course's required online quizzes and final examination within 30 days of issuance of course access details (i.e., a Welcome email containing the course URL, username and password)
- For more details about the course, please click on the downloadable files on right titled, "How Does Human resources: An Online Course for Governmental Officials Works?" and "Frequently Asked Questions."
$219 (US Funds) — Residents of Georgia
$259 (US Funds) — Non-Residents of Georgia
$50 (US Funds) — One-Month Extension (Only one extension is granted per participant)
Prepayment is required to be registered. Prices listed are per person. Prices are subject to change.
Cancellation/Refund Policy: You may cancel your enrollment within the first seven days and receive a refund less a $50 administrative fee, provided that you have not accessed the online course material at all. During the first 10 days of your course, if you have not completed any course work, you may opt for a one-time transfer of your enrollment to another student for a fee of $50; the new student (i.e., substitute) would have up to thirty (30) days from the transfer date to complete the course. Written requests for course cancellation or transfer must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org in ordered to be processed.
- Participants successfully completing the required online assignments will earn .6 Continuing Education Unit (CEU) from The University of Georgia.
- University of Georgia CEU transcripts are available at any time upon written request.
If you are a participant in the Georgia Clerks Education Institute’s (GCEI) and County Clerks Certificate Program, this course counts as a six-hour elective. If you are in the Georgia Superior Court Clerks Certificate program, this course of study is one of the required courses in the curriculum for grandfathered clerks (those enrolled in the program prior to November 2016. In addition, if you are a participant in the ACCG Commissioner's Training Program or the Harold F. Holtz Municipal Training Institute for GMA Elected Officials, this is a required course.