Develop your quality management and project leadership talents. A Lean Six Sigma Green Belt is skilled in leading small-scale Six Sigma improvement projects. With this valuable credential, you’ll have the skills to use proven techniques for solving quality problems and improving processes.
Format: Online / Contract
Hours: 40 hours / 4 CEUs
When: Session Coming Soon!
The University of Georgia offers a live-online course, Lean Six Sigma Green Belt for Healthcare Organizations. Your instructor will explain Lean Six Sigma methodologies and show you how they can be applied in a healthcare environment. You will learn how to create efficiencies in scheduling, office management, supply ordering, recordkeeping and most importantly, customer satisfaction.
What is Lean Six Sigma?
It combines several methodologies:
- Six Sigma is an enterprise-wide, project-driven quality improvement approach that emphasizes a systematic approach to problem solving and making decisions based on data. Six Sigma results in increased customer satisfaction, improved quality and reduced costs.
- DMAIC is a five-step methodology used for projects aimed at improving an existing business process.
- Lean is a method that concentrates on reducing waste by improving work flow and eliminating mistakes.
Together, these methodologies provide healthcare organizations a powerful means to reduce waste, improve customer service, and reduce costs.
The features of this customized course include:
- Audio presentations with corresponding visuals
- Asynchronous online discussion boards
- Weekly, instructor-led, live Web sessions
- Lessons on the Six Sigma philosophy, DMAIC methodology, graphical analysis tools, statistical calculations, and lean principles
- Healthcare-specific, authentic learning exercises and discussion topics
Session Coming Soon!
Online (8 weeks). Once-a-week live online sessions with the instructor will be on Monday evenings 6:30-7:30 p.m. These sessions will be archived for later viewing if the student is unable to participate in these live meetings.
This course is also available as a classroom contract training for your organization! You choose the dates and location. For more information, please contact Professional and Personal Development at email@example.com
Online, cohort-based, with asynchronous activities and live web sessions
Upon successful completion of the course, the student will be certified as a Lean Six Sigma Green Belt and will receive a University of Georgia Certificate of Completion that awards 4 Continuing Education Units (CEUs).
Visit the University of Georgia CEU policies for more details.